That's A4 paper for size comparison, and I'm still on the first (100g) skein. I have 3 skeins but I don't think I'll need more than 2.
I was just past the 7th buttonhole at the time I took the photo, except I had done three pattern repeats since the 6th buttonhole instead of the two I did between all other buttonholes. Tinking 12 rows of lace knitted with multistrand untwisted yarn was too much of a bother even for this perfectionist here, so I decided it's ok to have larger intervals between the buttonholes in the centre of the shawl - I'm past the buttonholes for the sleeve piece (if it is worn as a sleeve), so that's fine.
I still love the pattern, and at the rate it's going I should be done next week - I should have well over 1m of blocked fabric by now! I'm pretty sure there'll be a Convertible 2.0 and maybe even a 3.0 ;-) For the trip to Holland I'm still thinking of buying cotton yarn for a summer sweater - a nice mindless knitting project for the trip.
If this looks different from your Convertible, that's because I changed one row :-) I really didn't like the placement of the ssk in the 7th row because it messed up that lovely triangle-closing-at-the-top shape of that bit, so I moved the ssk by one stitch to the right. Now there's a lovely triangle here:
And I enlarged the buttonhole a bit. With one yo I got a *tiny* hole, so now I do 3yo which makes for a far more practical buttonhole!
Kiri is done! I ran out of yarn 4 rows before bind-off and had a bit of a panic, but it was all resolved in the end.
I'd bought *5* skeins of yarn for Kiri and knew I'd only used *4* when I ran out of yarn - but there was no fifth skein left when I went to fetch the last skein from the package this morning! I have no explanation because I *bought 5* ... Anyway, the shop had exactly one lonely leftover skein from that dyelot, so I bought it and finished Kiri 20 mins ago :-))
I'm procrastinating on the cardigan assembly front ... So I cast on for some lace socks/footlings yesterday. The pattern is a basic lace from an old book with sock patterns, the cuff and general size etc. is DIY.
The yarn is Lorna's Laces - a gift from Uta in last year's SP4 exchange :-) It's gorgeous yarn! Funny how one half of the sock is entirely blue so far (not a single bit of red on the top half), and the sole is very red :-)
I'd thought I'd start on Ella on Saturday, judging on Friday night that there was about another hour or 90 minutes left to work on Cozy. Ha! It took me five hours to finish Cozy yesterday, lol.
By the time I was done I was too tired to contemplate winding balls and wrapping my mind around a new pattern, so I worked a bit on Ruffles - a corkscrew scarf I started way back in January and which seems never-ending because it is sooo booooring to knit!
I've washed and dried (but not blocked) Cozy. I'll need to wash it once more because the hair conditioner fragrance *stinks*. I don't get it! My hair doesn't stink in any way but Cozy smells like it spent last night on the Reeperbahn ... Here's an improptu picture (on one of the new chairs!):
There'll be a better FO shot this week, Uta!
Mam and I wound 2/3s of the Kauni berry hank into balls today, learning to make centre-pull balls. And it worked first try, I'm thrilled :-))
Winding yarn with Mam is always lots of fun; it sounds clicheed but I feel all 'back to the basics' and 'in touch with the generations' because Mam will inevitably talk about winding yarn with her mum in the 40s and how she and her sister knitted lacy stockings after the war ...
Earlier this evening I started on Ella then - the first part took four tries because I just didn't like the way one of the stitches looked in the pattern but couldn't figure out why. Also p2tog tbl *is* knitter's hell ...
But now I've found a way that works for me (substituted a k2tog tbl on the wrong side for a simple p2tog to keep the smooth stockinette surface on the right side), and it's fun :-)